How to install McAfee Antivirus Software
McAfee Antivirus is free to download antivirus software that can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. Once you have downloaded the software, you need to install it on your computer. With the free download, you will get periodical system scans to help keep your computer safe from viruses and other potential harm. Buying the subscription will give you extra features such as parental control and 100% safety while browsing the internet. You can also renew the software to take advantage of its various features.
McAfee antivirus software can be downloaded on Mac, Windows, and Linux. Let’s take a look at how you can install it on your pc:
How to Install McAfee Antivirus?
- Open a browser on your PC and head to the McAfee website home.mcafee.com
- Select my account option and click on the sign-in option
- If you already have a McAfee account, log in using the same credentials
- If you don’t have a McAfee account, register yourself as a new user and then log in
- Next, choose the type of device you want to install McAfee antivirus on
- Tap on the download button and agree to the terms and conditions
- Save the displayed serial number so you can use it in the future
How to Install McAfee Antivirus on Windows?
- Double click the product packaging option to launch it
- Find the quick start guide menu in the product package option
- The quick start guide will provide you with the product key
- Now, open your browser and sign in to your McAfee account
- Enter the product key in the respective field
- Once you have complete the online activation policy, use the CD to complete the installation process
- Put the CD inside your computer
- Accept the terms and conditions to start the installation process
- Enter activation key and account details
- Click on the finish button to complete the installation
How to Install McAfee Antivirus on Mac?
- Uninstall the existing antivirus software from your Mac
- Visit the McAfee security page and click on Get McAfee Security Online
- Log in to your McAfee account using your username and password
- Tap on Install Locally to begin your installation process
- Once the file has been downloaded, click on the Run option
- Select agree and install and a security tool window will appear on your screen
- Click Install Helper and tap on Open Security Preferences
- Select allow and click continue to complete the installation process
- Restart your Mac computer to have McAfee Antivirus appear on your screen
How to Install McAfee Antivirus on Linux
- Uninstall the existing online security software from your computer.
- Go to the McAfee website and select Get McAfee Security Online.
- Log in to your McAfee account or create a new account.
- Click on Install Locally to start the installation process.
- Open the downloaded file and tap on the Run option.
- Click open on the confirmation prompt.
- Select agree and install and a security tool window will appear.
- Tap on Install Helper and select Open Security Preference.
- Select Allow and click continue to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer to have McAfee Antivirus on your screen.
If you are still facing problems with installing McAfee antivirus and need guidance on McAfee tech support, contact us and we will be right at your doorstep in a jiffy.